Fergusons Removals can offer Insurance to cover most requirements. Fergusons (Blyth) Limited are Appointed Representatives of Todd and Cue Limited who are Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
For full information and quotation on your removal insurance needs, please contact us.
Summary of Insurance Details for Goods in Storage
All risks of physical loss or damage to customers goods in transit or in temporary storage during transit. Cover commences at the time the goods are picked up and ceases when they are delivered, including loading and unloading. The basis of the cover is indemnity only up to the value of £25,000, not “new for old” and any claim settlement will be based on the present day cost of the item concerned, less an allowance for the wear and tear. The declared value for the goods should be calculated on the same basis.
- Loss or damage to cars, boats and/or caravans unless agreed by Insurers prior to the commencement of the removal
- Electrical & mechanical derangement unless shown to be as a result of physical external damage to the item concerned
- Loss or damage, which has occurred prior to being picked up by the Removal Contractor
- Loss or damage to jewellery, watches, precious stones, precious metals, coins, money, deeds, bonds, securities, stamps or loss or death of, or injury to living creatures
- Loss or damage caused by wear and tear, general deterioration, blooming, moth and/or vermin
- Any consequential or indirect loss
- Loss or damage to property, directly or indirectly caused by or arising from:-
i. pressure waves caused by aircraft or other aerial devices
ii. ionising, radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel
iii. The radioactive, toxic, explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or nuclear component
iv. War, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities (whether war be declared or not) civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection or military or usurped power
- Non contributory clause: This insurance does not cover any loss or damage, which at the time of such loss or damage is, or would but for the existence of this insurance, be insured by any other existing policy or policies had this insurance not been effected
- Average Clause: If the customers goods insured under this agreement are, at the time of loss or damage, collectively of greater value than the value declared, then the customer shall be considered as being his own Insurer for the difference and shall bear a rateable share of the loss accordingly
- Depreciation Clause: Insurers liability is limited to the reasonable cost of repair and no claim will be considered in respect of any depreciation in value of any item as a result of such repair
- Pair & Set Clause: Where any insured item consists of items in a pair or set, the insurance will not pay more than the value of any particular part or parts, which may be lost or damaged, without reference to any special value which such part or parts may have as part of a pair or set, nor more than a proportional part of the insured value for the pair or set
- Claims procedure:
i. Notification: Any event which is likely to give rise to a claim under this insurance must be notified to the Removal Contractor within 7 days of either the goods being delivered or the loss or damage being discovered by the customer (or with reasonable diligence ought to have been discovered) whichever is sooner. No failure on the part of the Removal Contractor, servant or agent shall prejudice the right of the customer to recover under the insurance
ii. Evidence of Loss: The customer shall fully complete a claim form and provide all necessary documentary evidence to support the amount being claimed. In the event that the Insurers choose to appoint a Loss Adjuster, the customer shall provide all information and assistance reasonably required by such Loss Adjuster
iii. Fraud: If a claim be in any respect fraudulent or if any fraudulent means or devices be used by the customer or anyone acting on his behalf to obtain any benefit under this policy, or if any damage be occasioned by the wilful act, or the connivance of the customer, all benefit under this insurance shall be forfeited
iv. Excess: The customer is liable for the first £100 of each claim or incident